A DEFCON 1 “Can’t Wait” opportunity from Scott Gureck at the Naval Institute:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” />
Director, Membership Marketing, U.S. Naval Institute, Annapolis, MD
The Director, Membership Marketing is responsible for providing strategic leadership, coordination and execution of all member retention and growth activities.
– Conduct ongoing strategic planning and marketing campaigns in support of membership growth and retention;
– Develop and implement strategies and tactics to retain current USNI members and increase member knowledge of, and participation in, Institute-hosted conferences and special events, the purchase of Naval Institue Press products, and donations to the Naval Institute Foundation;
– Manage a member and prospect database, including processes to ensure clean and accurate data and report generation for marketing and communications efforts;
– Continually seek opportunities for value-add to the membership benefits portfolio;
– Write, edit and manage marketing copy for emails, newsletters, letters, brochures, etc.
– Work with in-house designers to produce marketing materials;
– Build and execute the membership marketing business plan and budget;
– Maximize the value of our membership marketing relationship with Marketing General Incorporated (MGI);
– Maximize the value of our master affinity agreement with USAA;
– Develop and conduct membership demographic and satisfaction surveys;
– Develop and execute an annual membership ballot conducted via paper and secure online voting;
– Coordinate and communicate membership marketing efforts with all product groups and with Customer/Member services.
– Produce a comprehensive membership report at the end of the year;
– Promote, attend and staff all major conferences and special events as a USNI membership representative;
– Effectively conceptualize, communicate and sell the benefits (tell the story/explain the ROI) of USNI membership;
– Develop relationships with similar organizations to explore cross-marketing opportunities;
– Generate and use market research to develop strategies for growing membership base and increasing retention/renewal;
– Work with other departments to ensure that USNI products and initiatives deliver value to the membership;
– Serve as an internal and external resource on membership issues/questions;
– Stay abreast of industry best practices on membership and marketing and recommend potential new membership services based on research;
– Recommend and conceptualize potential new programs and services with the senior leadership team; and,
– All other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Executive Director, Communications and Marketing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Marketing, Communications or related area. MBA a plus.
Skill Sets & Experience Requirements:
– Strong experience in a membership driven organization and/or subscription driven business;
– Strong experience developing and executing marketing campaigns;
– Strong experience with database management, including a fundamental understanding and experience in IT requirements for database marketing support;
– Strong oral, written, listening and presentation skills and able to tell the Institute’s “story”;
– Proven promotional copy writing skills;
– Proven experience managing newsletter lists and actually running the software to launch and track the broadcasts;
– High energy and creative initiative;
– Enjoys people and personal interaction and is skilled at developing, nurturing and maintaining relationships;
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines;
– Ability to diplomatically work across organizational boundaries to accomplish the Institute’s objectives;
– Open to new ideas with a strong desire to continuously improve;
– Military experience desirable;
– A self-starter able to function independently day-to-day; and,
– Good corporate citizen.
Physical Demands: Travel less than four (4) weeks per year.
About the U.S. Naval Institute: The U. S. Naval Institute, founded in 1873, is the only non-profit, professional military association offering an independent, nonpartisan forum on sea power and national security issues. Its publications, conferences and heritage resources help military and civilians understand the role each plays in safeguarding national security – and our obligation to the men and women of the all-volunteer force who provide it.
Reporting Senior: Executive Director, Communications and Marketing.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested parties should submit resumes and salary requirements to Ms. Ruth Ann Raup, SPHR, Director Human Resources, email@example.com, 291 Wood Road, Annapolis MD 21402, Phone 410.295.1062, Fax 410.295.1091.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank e mail to DCOemail@example.com.
To submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW network. DEFCON 1 “Can't Wait” postings are $200, and you can blast your message out to both lists for $400.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at email@example.com.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list o n the web, please visit www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this email.
The JOTW newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
(C) Copyright 2011 The Job of the Week Network, LLC