Fifth Annual Maritime Security 2017 East
March 7-9, 2017
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for 1 February 2017
Issue # 495
“In case of dissension, never dare to judge till you’ve heard the other side.”
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Washington Reagan National Airport.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** NOTE: I am migrating this newsletter to a new Google Groups List (Defense Career Opportunities Network).
When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
I never give out, rent, or sell my list, and neither does Topica.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
March 6-10 Galveston, Texas
March 10-11 Chicago, Ill.
March 21-25 Langkawi, Malaysia
March 26-30 Accra, Ghana
April 16-18 Cartagena, Colombia
May 13-21 Tokyo/Kyoto, Japan
*** Fifth Annual Maritime Security 2017 East
March 7-9, 2017
*** Coastal and Maritime Surveillance Africa conference and defence exhibition
27–29 March 2017
Accra International Conference Centre, Ghana
April 3-5, 2017
National Harbor, MD
*** 2017 DON Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition
APRIL 3-5, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
*** Here are the DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) CASES II Financial Analyst (Mid), MCR, McLean, VA
2.) Flight Manual SME, MCR, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
3.) Sensors SME, MCR, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
4.) Senior Cyber Analyst – Threat Intelligence and Malware Analyst, BAE Systems, Reston, VA
*** From Judy Heise:
5.) Associate Editor, U.S. Naval Institute, Annapolis, MD
The U.S. Naval Institute, a non-profit publisher in the Annapolis, MD is seeking a high-energy associate editor to join our team, sharpen our authors’ messages, and ensure exacting editing standards of our flagship monthly publication, Proceedings, our bimonthly Naval History magazine, and online content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Edits articles for each issue of Proceedings and Naval History. Works closely with authors, many of whom are serving naval professionals, to strengthen and clarify their arguments, sometimes through extensive reorganization and editing.
- Edits manuscripts for accuracy, clarity, presentation, and length. Checks grammar, style, spelling, and punctuation. Pulls out and develops sidebars, if appropriate. Verifies or corrects statements and data, including quoted sources.
- Works closely with the director of design and production, the art director, and photo editor on art selection and design to ensure an engaging reader experience—both in print and online—for each article assigned.
- Proofreads the majority of each issue of both magazines. Handles special editing/writing projects as directed by the editor-in-chief. Proofs master copies, finals, and blue lines.
- Promotes Proceedings and Naval History articles through all facets of online and social media engines.
- Must have excellent knowledge of English grammar and style and be familiar with the basic structure of magazine articles. Ideal candidate is a self-starter and must enjoy working as part of a small team. Must be able to edit under pressure and turn copy around on tight deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe In Copy, Facebook, Twitter, web posting using a CMS.
- At least two years in editing, writing, and publishing or equivalent required. Interest in national security, naval affairs, and history essential. Military experience, article/book publication, or military journalism/history experience beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Journalism, English, History, or equivalent preferred.
- Adept at English usage and speech. Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical and military-specific manuscripts.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: No special requirements.
REASONING ABILITY: The associate editor must be able to assimilate new information about sometimes esoteric subjects and make important editing decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: No special requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: No special requirements. Should be able to attend outside events, as time permits.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Friendly and professional.
Chief Financial Officer
U.S. Naval Institute
6.) Sr Cost & Operations Analyst, Engility Corporation, Washington, DC
7.) Anti-Tamper Engineer, Engility Corporation, Patuxent River, MD
8.) Lead Estimator, Intergral Creative Solutions, Arlington, VA
7.) Shipbuilding Planner Estimator, Valkyrie Enterprises, Mayport, FL
8.) Program Management Analyst – Telecommute, ICF, Fairfax, VA
9.) Cost Estimator, Senior, PE Systems, Inc., Tinker AFB, OK
10.) B-2 Master Scheduler, SME, PE Systems, Inc., Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
11.) Associate Operations Research Analyst MRAD, Systems Planning and Analysis, Alexandria, VA
12.) Financial Analyst (NPSD/JAAG), Navy Manpower Personnel Training and Education (MPT&E) Enterprise (OPNAV N1), Systems Planning and Analysis, Alexandria, VA
13.) Associate Systems Engineer, Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), Systems Planning and Analysis, Alexandria, VA
14.) DoD Project, Program Management and Systems Professionals, RTI Consulting, LLC, Springfield, VA
15.) Tier I VTC Administrator – TS/SCI Clearance, Joint Enterprise Technologies, Washington, DC
16.) SharePoint Administrator (clearance req’d.), NCW Resources LLC, Pentagon, DC
17.) Program Analyst – Operational and Strategic Support, TechOp Solutions International, Washington, DC
18.) Management Analyst, DHS – S&T, TechOp Solutions International, Washington, District of Columbia
*** Sponsorships and combination packages are available with www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourverynextstep.com. To sponsor or advertise, contact Ned Lundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2017 Job of the Week Network, LLC