National Summit on Strategic Communications
May 7-8, 2018
American University, Washington, DC
Register here and join 100+ top public affairs and corporate communications executives, together with senior military officers and use Discount Code JOTW15 and save 15% off standard registration rates.
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for April 11, 2018
Issue # 549
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** Sign up for regular free delivery of this newsletter through Google Groups by sending an email to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
13 April Singapore
17 April Visit Kuala Lumpur
19 April Visit PP aboard USNS Mercy – Port Klang
20 April Travel to Tawau, Sabah
21 April Visit PP aboard USNS Brunswick
22 April Travel to Kota Kinablu, Sabah –
23 April Taipei, Taiwan
25 April Visit Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology
26 April Visit RCS Ta-Han (ex-USS Tawakoni (ATF 114))
May 9-13 Athol, ID
May 30-31 Ottawa, Canada
June 2-3 Montreal, PQ, Canada
June 4-8 Chania, Crete, Greece
June 21-29 Vienna, Austria
July 30-August 4 Bloomington, IN
August 22-30 San Diego, CA
*** Maritime Security East
April 2-4, 2018
*** National Summit on Strategic Communications
May 7-8, 2018
American University, Washington, DC
*** Here are your DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Senior Administrative Analyst, MCR, El Segundo, CA
2.) Logistics Analyst, MCR, Huntsville, AL
3.) Project Support Specialist, MCR, Belgium/UK/The Hague
4.) Systems Engineer, Octo Consulting Group, Fort Belvoir, VA
5.) Contract Specialist, Defense Microelectronics Activity, Department of Defense, McClellan, California
6.) Missile Defense System Analyst/Engineer, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Huntsville, AL
7.) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Analyst, Gun Weapon Systems, CACI International Inc., Arlington, VA
8.) Weapons Technical Intelligence (WTI) Analyst, Principal with Security Clearance, American Systems Corporation, Indian Head, MD
9.) Senior Systems Engineer /Analyst- Weapon Control, ManTech International Corporation, King George, VA
10.) System Engineer/Analyst – Weapons and Missile Systems, Mobius, Dahlgren, VA
11.) Acquisition Program Analyst (Advanced Weapons/EW) SME, OBXtek, Arlington, VA
12.) Missile Defense Policy and Strategy Program Analyst, J5-8/Plans and Policy Directorate, HQ European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
Systems Specialist II, Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group, Leidos, Bremerton Naval Hospital, BREMERTON, WA
13.) Logistics TARP Representative-Storekeeper, Technical Assistance for Repairables Processing (TARP) Program, NAVSUP Weapons Systems Support (WSS), Logistics Solutions Operations Unit, Leidos, LEMOORE, CA
14.) Instructors and Trainers, Leidos, USAICoE, Ft Huachuca, SIERRA VISTA, AZ
15.) Systems Engineer w/ TS/SCI clearance, ASM Research, Springfield, VA
16.) Senior Program Analyst, AASKI Technology, Arlington, VA
*** From Sue Klima:
17.) Communications Planner and Marketing Consultant (National Capital Region), Akoya, Falls Church, VA
Looking for a seasoned communications professional to serve as communications planner and marketing consultant for the Military Health System’s enhanced multi-service market in the National Capitol Region (D.C., Maryland, Virginia). Responsibilities include:
- Developing internal and external communications plans about quality general and specialty care services at military treatment facilities in the National Capitol Region (NCR)
- Managing the NCR Market Communications Workgroup
- Developing senior leader talking points
- Managing NCR brand and logo
- Developing toolkits for NCR staff education and outreach
- Co-producing and planning video and digital content
- Serving as a point person for the collection and dissemination of communications products for military treatment facilities in the NCR
- Identifying communications needs and shared opportunities to improve coordination between the Defense Health Agency and the NCR
- Collaborate with communications leads in other enhanced multi-service markets in the Military Health System to share best practices and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or a related field mandatory.
- Ten years’ experience in communications positions (agency or corporate)
- DoD experience a plus
- Extensive and proven strategic communications planning experience with identified measured results accomplished
- Experience in writing and creative direction
- Extensive experience working with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to handle diverse assignments, sometimes with short turnaround; coordinate with team members and clients as directed; complete assignments on time working closely with client liaison.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.
18.) GENERAL ENGINEER, Missile Defense Agency, Department of Defense, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
19.) Cyber Intelligence Analyst, Scientific Research Corporation, Alexandria, VA
20.) DCGS Systems Engineer, Senior – (DCGS.49), Credence Management Solutions, Hanscom AFB, MA
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2018 Job of the Week Network, LLC