2017 DON Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition
APRIL 3-5, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for March 15, 2017
Issue # 499
“When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.”
– John Muir
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** NOTE: I am migrating this newsletter to a new Google Groups List (Defense Career Opportunities Network).
When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
I never give out, rent, or sell my list, and neither does Topica.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
March 17-25 Langkawi, Malaysia
March 26-30 Accra, Ghana
April 16-18 Cartagena, Colombia
May 13-21 Tokyo/Kyoto, Japan
*** Coastal and Maritime Surveillance Africa conference and defence exhibition
27–29 March 2017
Accra International Conference Centre, Ghana
April 3-5, 2017
National Harbor, MD
*** 2017 DON Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition
APRIL 3-5, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
*** Please mark your calendars for the SNA GWC Spring Golf Tournament scheduled for May 19, 2017 at Fort Belvoir. Registration will open March 20, 2017. http://chapter.navysna.org/washington/GWCIndex.htm
*** Here are the DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1) Integrated Logistics Support Engineer, MCR, La Spezia, Italy
2) Senior Cost Estimator, MCR, Bolling AFB, Washington, DC
3) Cost Analyst, MCR, Springfield, VA
*** From Sue Klima:
4.) Communications Planner/Account Manager for MHS, Akoya (Corporate Office located in Pittsburgh, PA), Falls Church, VA
We are currently seeking a Communications Planner/Account Manager to support the Military Health System in Falls Church, VA.
Successful candidate will:
- Research, develop, write, and evaluate strategic communications plans based on specific target events or activities (includes coordinating strategies and tactics, and developing milestones, deliverables, and timelines).
- Provide technical and functional expertise to the government account manager.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key subject matter experts and communications team leaders, exercising creativity in ways to communicate a wide variety of stories.
- Research, design, develop, and analyze a five-year strategic communications plan that is reviewed and updated annually.
- Maintain an up-to-date resource management library that includes products by account and communications plan.
- Pull together key individuals to brainstorm the right strategy to support the crisis of the moment and create Crisis Communications Plans.
- Identify, collect, and publish on-demand daily, weekly, and monthly media reports based on media, social media, and blog coverage.
- Develop and update a media training briefing and concept of operation for formal media training.
- Provide daily media report (morning) and activity summary (end of day).
- Provide daily summary of media engagements to Director of Congressional & Public Affairs.
- Coordinate development of press releases, press kits, FAQs, talking points, messages, and communications plans for new programs as well as sensitive issues and areas of interest.
- Prepare SMEs for media events and conduct or coordinate media interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience, preferably working at a senior-leader level.
- Experience developing communications strategies and plans for a high-profile client.
- Detail orientation with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.
5.) Communications Planner — Health Care Operations, Akoya (Corporate Office located in Pittsburgh, PA), Falls Church, VA
We are currently seeking a Communications Planner – Health Care Operations to support the Military Health System (MHS) in Falls Church, VA.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a productive member of a multidisciplinary team supporting MHS Strategic Communications.
- Research, develop, write and evaluate strategic communications plans for health care operations based on specific targeted events or activities; coordinate strategies and tactics. Develop milestones, deliverables and timelines; and provide updates on the status of communications plans in progress.
- Collaborate and coordinate with team members to support overarching MHS communications plans and initiatives.
- Interface with subject matter experts for response to media inquiries and long lead media pieces for print and broadcast, as well as media training and other communications targets of engagement to communicate their messages.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key subject matter experts and communications team leaders.
- Develop key messages for senior leaders using pre-designed templates.
- Conduct In-Progress Reviews (IPR’s) and senior leader briefings to provide status updates.
- Translate complex health policy and management issues into policy memos, action steps, senior leader talking points and other forms of communication that can be used by senior leaders, stakeholders, and the MHS workforce.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to support the senior leadership goals and mission of the MHS Communications Office.
- Work closely with senior leadership and the MHS communications team to support consistency of messaging across program offices, and provide writing as needed.
- Collaborate as directed with Akoya leadership and staff in the Pittsburgh headquarters, and travel to Pittsburgh as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Detail orientation with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience; 5 years working with senior-level leaders
- Military experience/familiarity with TRICARE a plus.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com No phone calls accepted.
6) Senior Cost Analyst, gTANGIBLE Corporation, Falls Church, VA
7) Theater Security Cooperation Administrative Specialist, United States Air Force Central Command (USAFCENT), gTANGIBLE Corporation, Sumter, South Carolina
8) Cost Analyst, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Cost Analysis Branch, CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Fort Meade, MD
9) COMSEC / Crypto Support, CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Rock Island, Illinois
10) ERP Business Analyst – Senior, CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
11) Planner Estimator – Structural, PAE, North Las Vegas, NV
12) Cost Analyst, Cask, LLC, Washington, DC
13) Jr. Cost Estimator, Advanced Concepts and Technologies International, Arlington, VA
14) NC3/Global Assured Comms Specialist/Operator, Advanced Concepts and Technologies International, Barksdale AFB
15) Journeyman Public Relations Specialist, Secretary of the Air Force’s Office of Small Business Programs (SAF/SB), Advanced Concepts and Technologies International, Arlington, VA
16) Client Services/Business Development Director – Aerospace & Defense, Exostar, Herndon, VA
17) Marketing Communications Lead, Exostar, Herndon, VA
18) Liaison Engineer, Kaman Aerospace, Jacksonville, FL
19) Technical Purchasing Agent / Procurement Specialist, Fuzing & Precision Products Division, Kaman Aerospace Group, Orlando, FL
20) SR. RAPID PROTOTYPE ENG TECH, Kaman Aerospace, Colorado Springs, CO
21) Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly Process/Electromechanical Systems/Defense / Manufacturing, Randstad Engineering, Sunnyvale, CA
22) Systems Engineer 4, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, San Diego, California
23) Mid-Level Contract Administrator, Northrop Grumman, Warner Robins, Georgia
24) Senior/Lead Field Service Analyst, Northrop Grumman, Fort Lee, VA.
25) Media Relations Specialist, The Aerospace Corporation, El Segundo, CA
*** Sponsorships and combination packages are available with www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourverynextstep.com. To sponsor or advertise, contact Ned Lundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2017 Job of the Week Network, LLC