The 5th Annual Maritime Security West
September 20-22, Tacoma, Wash.
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for June 21, 2017
Issue # 510
“If you are far from the enemy, make him think you are near.”
– Sun Tzu
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
DEFCON 1 was not issued for the two previous weeks due to travel and a heavy schedule.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** NOTE: I am migrating this newsletter to a new Google Groups List (Defense Career Opportunities Network).
When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
I never give out, rent, or sell my list, and neither does Topica.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
June 23-25 Burlington, VT
June 26 -27 Boston, Mass.
June 28-29 Pittsfield, Mass.
July 8-11 Pacific Palisades, CA
July 11-14 San Diego, CA
August 22-24 Jacksonville, FL
September 20-22 Tacoma, Wash.
October 9-12 Kuwait City, Kuwait
*** The 5th Annual Maritime Security West
September 20-22, Tacoma, Wash.
*** Please mark your calendars for the SNA GWC Spring Golf Tournament scheduled for May 19, 2017 at Fort Belvoir. Registration will open March 20, 2017. http://chapter.navysna.org/washington/GWCIndex.htm
*** Here are the DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Financial Administration Specialist, MCR, Norfolk, VA
2.) Senior Cost Estimator, MCR, El Segundo, CA
3.) Cost Analyst, MCR, Dahlgren, VA
*** From Carol Lee Cundey, CERP:
Ned – following is a new job opportunity with my company, Johnson Outdoors Gear/Eureka! Tents:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me. Thanks and have a great day!!
Carol Lee Cundey, CERP
Eureka! The Tent Company
4.) Military Sales Manager, Eureka! Expeditionary Systems, Johnson Outdoors Gear, Inc., Binghamton, NY
Eureka!, part of the Johnson Outdoors Gear family of brands, is seeking a Military Sales Manager . From highly expeditionary and rapidly deployable systems for Tactical Operations Centers to large installations of modern GP tents for brigade formations, and from individual sleeping tents to multi-personnel extreme weather shelters, Eureka! has the right solution, no matter where your mission takes you , for all branches of the U.S. Military as well as governments, humanitarian relief agencies and military forces around the globe.
As our Military Sales Manager , you will manage the sales of the Eureka! Expeditionary Systems products across the United States military branches, and with foreign military partners, ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through effective program planning and relationship management. If you’ve got a way with closing the sale and building strong customer relationships, if you love the challenge of working with government and military partners, if you want to market deployable, sustainable, versatile and modern products that are industry leaders, then you might just have what it takes to join Eureka!
What you will do :
- Direct sales activities for Eureka! Expeditionary Systems products to attain monthly and annual sales objectives.
- Responsible for all field sales, Prime Vendor and GSA sales, and contract bids with Eureka! as primary contractor or as sub-contractor with manufacturing partner, negotiating delivery terms and pricing as required.
- Understand and manage the government contracts process. Responsible for contracts administrative duties including, but not limited to, new proposals, specification sheets, distribution, shipping documentation, contract maintenance and invoicing procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with Military and third party businesses to ensure reaching sales goals.
- Develop working knowledge of total Eureka! Expeditionary Systems product line to organize and give product clinics at all levels of distribution. Be the point person to respond to technical questions from field military staff.
- Develop and implement strategic growth plans including channel strategies and programs to grow the business.
- Provide marketplace insight to ensure new product development aligns with the needs of the various end-users (i.e. DOD, separate military branches, foreign military partners).
What you need to succeed :
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of field sales experience within a government vendor environment that includes experience managing complex accounts or contracts.
- Industry experience in government or military sales (small- to mid-sized companies preferred). Military service background is a plus.
- Proven success in demand creation and effective marketing and product demonstrations; proven expertise in managing and motivating third-party reps and external partnerships.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in exceeding sales and profit targets through sound planning and execution.
- Hands-on product installations/demonstrations required. Physical demands include continual standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching above/below shoulder height, frequent use of hands to manipulate tent components, and occasional lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds.
- Extensive travel required ; expected to be 50% – 70%. Some international travel may be required.
Johnson Outdoors Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
For more information or to apply, click here: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Johnson-Outdoors-Gear,-Inc./jobs/Military-Sales-Manager-bb8c48694c0be370?q=sales
5.) Knowledge Management and Common Operations Picture Support – Mid-Level, Pluribus International, Ft. Belvoir, Va
6.) Irregular Warfare Analyst, CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Charlottesville, VA
7.) Senior Acquisition Procurement Manager / Solution Architect CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8.) Career Transition Workshop Facilitator/Trainer, CALIBRE Systems, Inc., Travis AFB, CA
*** From Sue Klima:
9.) Strategic Outreach Communications Manager, Akoya, Falls Church, VA
We are currently seeking a Strategic Outreach Communications Manager to support the Military Healthcare System’s communications office in Falls Church, VA.
Successful candidate will:
- Conduct an integrated outreach communications program designed to proactively educate and inform all MHS stakeholders
- Create a campaign to foster relationships with MHS entities, partners, veteran service organizations, military service organizations, federal agencies, congressional committees and members and the general public to further the MHS mission
- Work collaboratively with team members to coordinate campaigns to support and complement the over-arching communications plans, media relations, content and web initiatives
- Efficiently research and identify outreach targets for speaking engagements and outreach activities, and develop a strategic plan for senior leadership to participate in the events
- Manage the Speakers Bureau for the Military Health System, including booking speakers for events and seeking out events where MHS leaders can connect with target audiences
- Coordinate monthly meetings with Military Service Organizations and Veterans Service Organizations to include all briefings, logistics and communications support
- Support special projects for the directorate to highlight the MHS through displays, creation of key themes and messages to highlight the history of the Military Health System
- Perform other tasks as assigned to support the senior leadership goals and mission of the MHS Communications Office
- Work closely with senior leadership and MHS communications team to ensure appropriate strategic direction and support consistency of messaging across program offices
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Must be detail-oriented with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience is preferred
- Health care writing experience preferred
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.
10.) Special Operations Forces SME Instructor, The MASY Group, Washington, DC
11.) Cyber CI Analyst, The MASY Group, Fort Meade, MD
12.) All-Source Analyst (Mid-level), The MASY Group, Ft. Shafter, HI
13.) Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) Specialist – Senior, Pluribus International, Quantico, VA
14.) GEOINT Task Lead / Course Manager Level 1, Pluribus International, Ft. Belvoir, Va
15.) Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor), Army Installation Management Command, Fort Irwin, California
16.) Weapon System Simulation Analyst, Dynetics, Washington, DC
17.) Weapon System Modeling and Simulation Engineer, Telephonics, Columbia, MD
18.) Sr. Subject Matter Expert – Cyber/Weapon Systems/Modeling and Simulation, PAE, Indian Head, MD
19.) GEOINT Subject Matter Expert, Noblis, Inc., Alexandria, VA
20.) Sr. All Source Military Capabilities Analyst, Syntelligent Analytic Solutions, Washington, DC
*** Sponsorships and combination packages are available with www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourverynextstep.com. To sponsor or advertise, contact Ned Lundquist at email@example.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2017 Job of the Week Network, LLC