The 5th Annual Maritime Security West
September 20-22, Tacoma, Wash.
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for April 19, 2017
Issue # 503
“Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”
– Captain John Parker to his Minutemen troops at Lexington, Massachusetts, on April 19, 1775
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Cartagena, Colombia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** NOTE: I am migrating this newsletter to a new Google Groups List (Defense Career Opportunities Network).
When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
I never give out, rent, or sell my list, and neither does Topica.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
April 16-18 Cartagena, Colombia
April 24-27 Auburndale, Mass.
May 13-21 Tokyo/Kyoto, Japan
June 2-8 Chania, Crete, Greece
July 12-14 San Diego, CA
September 20-22 Tacoma, Wash.
*** The 5th Annual Maritime Security West
September 20-22, Tacoma, Wash.
*** Securing the base
The Navy’s newest installation will defend Europe
By Edward Lundquist
*** Modest SBIR Investments Bring Big Benefits
National Defense magazine
By Edward Lundquist
*** Please mark your calendars for the SNA GWC Spring Golf Tournament scheduled for May 19, 2017 at Fort Belvoir. Registration will open March 20, 2017. http://chapter.navysna.org/washington/GWCIndex.htm
*** Here are the DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Senior Import/ Export Analyst; Saab Defense and Security, Saab, Syracuse, NY
2.) J-ACE Principal Engineer 1 – Must have active DoD Security Clearance Full Time, Applied Research Associates, Inc., Eglin AFB, FL
3.) Defense Technical Writer, Technical Analysis, Applied Research Associates, Inc., Suffolk, VA
4.) Senior Project Manager 2, Applied Research Associates, Inc., Fort Belvoir, VA
*** From Sue Klima:
We are currently seeking a – Senior Communications Plans and Operations to support the Military Healthcare Strategic Communications office in Falls Church, VA. Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Director Business Operations
4.) Senior Communications Plans and Operations, Military Healthcare Strategic Communications office, Akoya, Falls Church, VA
Successful candidate will:
- Possess extensive and proven strategic communications planning experience, backed by measured results
- Experience in integrated strategic communications planning and coordinate operations, media relations and strategic outreach
- Experience in writing and coordinating Public Affairs Guidance
- Tenured and proven success in overall communications planning and operations for complex organizations
- Ability to manage and execute multiple strategic communications plans simultaneously
- Ability to diagnose and direct team to adjust when needed, and quickly respond to support goals and the mission of the MHS Communications Office
- Work closely with MHS leadership and communications team to ensure appropriate strategic direction and support consistency of messaging across program offices
- Function effectively as a liaison with remote office (Pittsburgh) as well as interface daily with direct clients
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of ten years relevant work experience is preferred
- Professional health care experience preferred
- Military Experience a plus
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Accepted
5.) Intelligence Analyst, Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC, Arlington, VA
6.) Alternate Task Order Manager, Charles F. Day & Associates, LLC, Fort Benning, GA
7.) Military Operations Research Analyst, Group W, Vienna, VA
8.) Synthetic Theater Operations Research Model (STORM) Campaign Analyst, Group W, Vienna, VA
*** The following MCR jobs are with the company I work for. These are priority fills. If you choose to apply and are hired, I may be eligible for an employee referral bonus. Contact me at email@example.com. Ned
El Segundo, CA
9.) Senior Cost Estimator – (Requisition ID #3405), MCR, El Segundo, CA
10.) Senior Earned Value Management – (Requisition ID #3424), MCR, El Segundo, CA
11.) Earned Value Management – (Requisition ID #3295), MCR, El Segundo, CA
12.) Senior Scheduler – (Requisition ID #3266), MCR, El Segundo, CA
13.) Executive Acquisition Analyst – (Requisition ID #3197 and #3432), MCR, El Segundo, CA
14.) Scheduler Positions – (Requisition ID 3416), MCR, Livermore, CA
15.) Senior Cost Estimator – (Requisition ID 3423), MCR, Livermore, CA
*** Sponsorships and combination packages are available with www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourverynextstep.com. To sponsor or advertise, contact Ned Lundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2017 Job of the Week Network, LLC